[TYPO3-mvc] FLUID coming from TypoScript

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Fri Oct 15 22:38:49 CEST 2010

Hey boys,

check this out: Steffen Ritter and me finally created a long-standing
feature of mine to use Fluid out of TypoScript.

The patch is in the v4 core list, #16008
(http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16008).

We made it possible to allow partials, sections and all that jazz, but
ran into some problems where Fluid gets back to Extbase (at the cObj
ViewHelper for instance; and had some workarounds when initializing the
UriHelper etc), which is really uncool to make Fluid a standalone
product. However, please have a look at the implementation, and let us
know what you think

Thanks.
Benni.

The syntax looks like this:

page.10 = FLUIDTEMPLATE
page.10 {

    # the FLUID template, has stdWrap functionality
	file = fileadmin/mytemplates/mytemplate.html

	# setting a specific partials path, usually it's layouts/ underneath
the template file
	partialRootPath = fileadmin/partials/

	# setting a specific layout path, usually it's layouts/ underneath the
template file
	layoutRootPath = fileadmin/layouts/

	# setting variables that should be available in
	# the fluid template
	variables {
		mytitle = TEXT
		mytitle.data = page:title