[TYPO3-mvc] Access built-in fluid viewhelpers from own viewhelper?

Felix Eggbert eggbert at phez.com
Wed Oct 13 17:11:39 CEST 2010

Hi guys,

I am currently working on an ordered list (of categories) arranged by the
letters of the alphabet. It should look like this:

===
Abc-Category
Acb-Category
Acc-Category

===
Bcd-Category
Bdc-Category

===

And so on...

Because I don't see any way to realize this within a Fluid template and its
handy f:-tags I wrote my own viewhelper that should do the whole work. The
viewhelper loops through the alphabet and arranges the data given through an
argument. This works almost perfectly except for that the list entries are
not linked. I would like the category entries to be shown in another view.
In my template I would use <f:link.action action="index" controller="Entry"
arguments="{category : category}">{category.title}</f:link.action>.

How can I access the f:link viewhelper from my own viewhelper? Or do I have
to implement its functionality to my own viewhelper manually?

Maybe there even is a way to do this in my Fluid template directly? I am not
too sure if my loop way will still be ok when it comes to performance with
more data.

Thanks for any help!

Regards,
Felix