[TYPO3-mvc] webservice instead of database as data provider

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Tue Oct 12 21:00:53 CEST 2010

Am 12.10.2010 17:59, schrieb Steffen Müller:
> Hi.
>
> On 12.10.2010 17:23 Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> Why? The purpose of the repository is the persistence of domain objects.
>
> The repository also serves to access data (e.g. findBy...), not only
> persist data. It helps encapsulates storage and query.

We had this discussion before. I'm still not convinced and think that now "everybody" wants to build
everything in or around repositories.

>> If you simply view data you
>> don't need neither. Perhaps an smaller helper object makes life easier in FLUID but for starters a
>> plain array passed to FLUID should be enough.
>
> true as long as need only simple array data. If you have aggregate root
> and want to add domain logic to the model data, a model object is
> perfect place to do that.

Thomas didn't say if the data from the webservice belongs a) to the domain and needs b) on the
client side any logic at all. I just argued to start small and not use the biggest "gun" (domain
model and repository) on a small target. But I trust that Thomas knows what his application demands
and can now make his judgement.

Masi