[TYPO3-mvc] typo3.eclipse.extender with object manager in Extbase

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Wed Oct 6 16:27:05 CEST 2010

Martin Kutschker wrote:

> But how will the factory create a new object if not with "new"?

new would still work as before if no factory is registered yet or if the
registered factories return FALSE.

> Basically an event listener for the instance creation.

If I got it right, that's exactly what spl_factory_register() does:
Registering a listener for instance creation.
We're currently working around this by telling the people to use
t3lib_div::makeInstance() or \F3\FLOW3\Object\ObjectFactory::create()
instead of new in their code. But it would be nice if it worked without
this (especially for 3rd party code)..
Anyways, there's probably not much sense in discussing the usefulness of
an RFC that will most probably never make it in the language.

Best,
Bastian