[TYPO3-mvc] this-object in fluid

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Wed Oct 6 06:51:25 CEST 2010

Hey Christian,

interesting idea, definitely!

> <f:form.select options="{this.otherSelect.options}"/>
> <f:form.select id="otherSelect" options="{bla:'blubb',hello:'world'}"/>
Why not define the options with <f:alias> before and then re-use them in
each select?

> Further ways to use that could be to render form-helpers multiple times
> within one view, build view stacks, define private vars and declarations
> within a template and let viewHelpers interact with each other:
For interactions between ViewHelpers, ViewHelpers have access to a
"ViewHelperVariableContainer" which they can use to interact with other
ViewHelpers. However, this has to be done quite carefully, to make sure
it works under all circumstances.

Would this help to implement the use-cases you had in mind?
I'd be curious to see more use-cases which are not possible right now,
but would be with your idea.

Greets,
Sebastian