[TYPO3-mvc] Create HMENU submenu from extbase

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Sat Oct 2 10:39:31 CEST 2010

Hey,

>          until the current extbase dispatcher is refactored
>          (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/7153) there only seems to be one
>          easy
>          solution to access the persistence layer from a user_func:
>
>          make the protected function
>          initializeConfigurationManagerAndFrameworkConfiguration() in
>          extbase/Classes/Dispatcher.php public and now you can initialize
>          the
>          framework like this:

even easier and working without modifying Extbase itself is to simply
call your extension via TS and have it rendered, returning a array
instead of plain html. The only thing you have to tweak/override is a
method in your controller to allow the output of arrays. A circumvention
would be to serialize and unserialize the data - but this felt as
unneeded overhead for me, so I tweaked the controller method a bit.
That's what I did and already described in this list IIRC. If you don't
find it, let me know and I'll give some more details.