[TYPO3-mvc] Fluid problem with dates

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Tue Nov 30 18:07:05 CET 2010

Am 30.11.2010 17:52, schrieb Dawid Pacholczyk:
> Hello List,
>   I have problem with dates in my ext. I want to display some date from my
> table. The date is timestamp (ofc TYPO3 holds it as varchar). I`ve tried to
> use format.date but I get some strange string, not the date. Timestamp - its
> value - is for 100%. I`ve checked it. Should I use something else than
> format.date ? Is it possible that it can`t generate good date from varchar ?
>
> Best regards,
> Dawid Pacholczyk

format.date has a timezone problem. From your timestamp your timezone
offset will be substracted/added before outpout - if you calculate with
it, you may apply these offset several times. (DateTimes does this at
every constructor vall from a timestamp).

Therefore, make your own Date Viewhelper and use strftime or date - if
you do not need localisation.

regards

Steffen