[TYPO3-mvc] 3 questions reagarding fluid and extbase

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Tue Nov 30 16:15:56 CET 2010

Hello Franz,

> plugin.tx_yourext.view {
>     templateRootPath = fileadmin/...
>     partialRootPath = fileadmin/...
>     layoutRootPath = fileadmin/...
> }

Thanks, currently i solved it with the following code in the action:

if($this->settings['templateFile']!='') {
	if(is_file($this->settings['templateFile'])) {
		$this->view->setTemplatePathAndFilename(
			$this->settings['templateFile']
		);

While i use a flexform value, if the're more actions i would use the
above mentioned way.

>> 2. Is there anyway to calculate a typoscript objectpath?
>>     I need to pass some values, which are calculated using TS, to an
>>     JSON-APIServer
>
> I suppose you need to calculate that in the view. There is a viewHelper
> to access/render a TS object path.

Thanks, but that doesn't fit my needs. I found this way to render
Objects into the view but i need to calculate it before, to send the
result to the api server:

Controller -> Calc -> ApiCall (http json api) -> result -> view

>> 3. after using json decode i do have problems using the .-Notation in
>>     Fluid
>>     http://forge.typo3.org/issues/8534
>
> Sorry, can't help you with that.

Thanks anyway, i try to build my own viewHelper for that ;)

Best regards
KaY