[TYPO3-mvc] Can Fluid produce the right HTML5 code?

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Thu Nov 25 15:33:49 CET 2010

Hey,

I tried to produce a HTML5 form today with a required="true" flag for
validating with jquery tools validation, and the textbox viewhelper
looks like this:

<f:form.textbox property="occasion" required="true" />

but you can imagine that you'll get a badass exception thrown.

Anyone have/had the same troubles? If so, we're in deep trouble that a
lot of the fluid viewhelpers are not really HTML5-compatible, which is a
nogo for me.

What do you think?

All the best,
Benni.