[TYPO3-mvc] RFC: #10821 add possibility to output FlashMessageQueue

Bastian Waidelich bastian.waidelich at typo3.org
Thu Nov 25 10:43:26 CET 2010

Bastian Waidelich wrote:

Hi Tolleiv

>> as you might have seen we included this into the workspaces extension
>> for Beta1, but I was hoping to get rid of it before Beta2.

> Thanks for the reminder, I'll take care of this tomorrow.

Ok, I had another look at your patch, it looks good and is straightforward.
But I still don't like the idea of including it to the Fluid core for
following reason:
We now have two versions of FlashMessages in the core - the Extbase
FlashMessages and the ones in t3lib. I prefer the latter as they support
severity levels and titles.
But, session based FlashMessages do not work in FE mode yet. I just sent
an RFC to the core list [1] but I don't know, whether this will be fixed
until the release of 4.5..
We would still have to use Tx_Extbase_MVC_Controller_FlashMessages in
Extbase as it's part of the API but this could be just a thin proxy
layer for t3lib_FlashMessageQueue in the future.
Then, the FlashMessages could be used interchangeable in FE and BE mode.
If we provide a second ViewHelper now, we won't have the possibility to
remove it later on. So I'd suggest you to keep the BE FlashMessage
ViewHelper in the Workspace extension for now and vote for my RFC in the
core list ;)
If the patch gets committed, I'll take care of adapting the FlashMessage
ViewHelper accordingly.

do you agree?
Bastian

[1] http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16565