[TYPO3-mvc] Which version for extbase-newbie

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Thu Nov 25 07:53:25 CET 2010

Am 24.11.2010 23:14, schrieb Michael Janssen:
> Hi,
>
> i will start programming with extbase, but I'm not sure, which version i
> should use. How i read, the 1.2 shipped with TYPO3 4.4.x is really
> different from the 1.3. But with the 1.3 versions, i don't know, if i
> should take the actual version from forge or the 1.3.0beta1a from tags.
>
> Because in the starttime of the programming i don't know, if it is an
> error made by me or a bug by extbase.
>
> I appreciate your comment to my little problem.

Hi,
if you are familiar with svn I would like you to grap the last version
1.3.0 before the Depency Injection and Dispatcher Refactoring got in.
Until then it can really considered to be stable, only additions got in,
which - to me - should have been done in 4.4 to. It's much, but sth.
like the "iteration" at the f:for viewhelper you'll really appreciate.

Furthermore the "new stuff" is not testet so I think you should "stay
away" - if there are bugs, you as a beginner would not consider them as
such, but search for hours at your own code, what you did wrong.

As I never could build an "non-trivial" extbase Extension without
patching etxbase / using non-api function / overwriting basic things in
the controller or such, I'm a bit scared of the new extbase version
which are refactored internally - I'm quite sure, I would have to adapt
every Extension (and for such, I do not have the time)...

So if even the "experienced guys" try not use the new stuff directly, a
beginner should neither.
But I'm pretty sure that this matures, as Bastian W. really puts lot
efforts into extbase on things which are outside his own scope and
therefore arising bugs will be fixed probably a bit faster ;)

regards

Steffen

P.S: The referenced version works fine in TYPO3 4.3, too.