[TYPO3-mvc] HELP NEEDED: Translating the Extbase/Fluid Book

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Tue Nov 23 07:09:47 CET 2010

Hello everybody,

Jochen and I decided that we want to publish an *English version* of our
book "Zukunftssichere TYPO3-Extensions mit Extbase und Fluid" for free,
using a "CreativeCommons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike" license.
We think that this step will further help to spread Extbase and Fluid
among the TYPO3 community, and we think that great documentation is an
enormous help in learning these techniques.

However, we cannot do the translation ourselves (as we are involved in
many other projects as well) -- that's why we need your help:

* Translating the Book
* Proofreading the Book

The whole book is about 340 pages long, so the more people help
translating, the faster the English Version will be available. If 20
people help out, each one would have to translate only about 15 pages,
which is pretty manageable.

Additionally to the online availability of the book, we also plan to
publish it on a Book on Demand service, for people who want to have a
paperback copy of it, and do not want to print it themselves.

=== DETAILS ===

At least for translating the book, you need the german version from your
local bookstore, as we are not allowed to distribute PDF versions around.

We will use DocBook 5 as the format for translation, and I recommend
XMLMind XMLEditor Personal Edition (http://xmlmind.com) as the editor of
choice.

The translation will (for now) take place on a private SVN repository
and a private mailing list for coordination, and as soon as the first
version is finished, we will put everything to svn.typo3.org and the
appropriate places.

=== Contact ===

If you want to help out, please reply to this message or write me a
personal email, I'll give you access to the SVN repository and the
mailing list then.

Together, we can make a nice christmas present to the TYPO3 Community!

Thanks in advance for your help,
Sebastian