[TYPO3-mvc] QueryResult object has issues with offsets and "count" method ?

Bastian Waidelich bastian.waidelich at typo3.org
Fri Nov 19 11:33:58 CET 2010

Franz Koch wrote:

Hi,

>> If the Result has not been touched yet, count will actually execute a
>> COUNT(*) Query. That's nice, because you can count all objects before
>> retrieving only a subset from the Database.
>> The problem is: Count queries ignore the LIMIT constraint.
>
> That should at least lead to a result - but I don't get any with the
> count query.

Can you please debug $statement at the end of
Tx_Extbase_Persistence_Storage_Typo3DbBackend::getObjectCountByQuery()?

> By speaking of backwards compatibility - I notice that the getObject
> method was dropped from the objectManager - too bad for users that
> already used it to be better upwards compatible.

The ObjectManager was not part of the public API and it has a different
class name.
Anyways, for the stable release we're planning to introduce a
"compatibility layer" that should fix most of the incompatibilities even
if you used non-api methods.
But please bear in mind: If you use call methods that are not part of
the API (don't have an @api annotation) you do that on your own risk.
Even if they're public. Otherwise we can't guarantee that the upgrade
path to Phoenix will be smooth-

Bastian