[TYPO3-mvc] How should/can I pass parameters to an object's constructor using dependency injection?

Simon Tuck stu at rtpartner.ch
Thu Nov 18 15:42:58 CET 2010

Hi,
I'm looking at the changes in the latest version of extbase (1.3) and I
was wondering how I would/could pass parameters to an object's
constructor using the DI container.

So, in the following example taken from the current changelog
(extbase/ChangeLog.txt):

class Tx_Foo_Controller_MyController
{
	protected $loggingService;

	/**
	 * @param Tx_Foo_Service_LoggingService $loggingService
	 */
	public function injectLoggingService(Tx_Foo_Service_LoggingService
$loggingService)
	{
		$this->loggingService = $loggingService;

How can I pass parameters to the constructor of the logging service
singleton?:

class Tx_Foo_Service_LoggingService implements t3lib_Singleton
{
	/**
	 *
	 * @param string $foo