[TYPO3-mvc] Set sorting of relations

Pascal Jungblut mail at pascal-jungblut.com
Wed Nov 17 00:51:19 CET 2010

Hey,

I ran into a problem with the sorting of objects that are mapped with a m:m-table and therefore stored in an ObjectStorage. Since r1257 Extbase respects the 'sorting' and 'sorting_foreign' fields from the TCA, but it seems to me that it's not possible to manipulate the sorting from within Extbase (without writing SQL).

Is it already possible to sort related objects? If not, what would be a good way to implement it? Personally I'd implement something like $objectStorage->addBefore/After($newObject, $existingObject) or similar, but I have no idea how that would effect v5. What do you guys think?

Regards
Pascal