[TYPO3-mvc] RFC #10666: Allow plugins to be registered as new content element

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Mon Nov 15 01:43:01 CET 2010

Hey Bastian,

> The problem is, that the framework configuration does not contain the
> switchableController part which we need in
> Tx_Extbase_Utility_Extension::getPluginNameByAction() for example.
> Maybe a global registration, that holds the switchableControllers for a
> plugin, would really be the best solution..
> If I'm right the tt_content part could then reduced from
>
> blogexample_bloglist = USER
> blogexample_bloglist {
> userFunc = tx_extbase_core_bootstrap->run
> pluginName = BlogList
> extensionName = BlogExample
> controller = Blog
> action = index
> switchableControllerActions {
> Blog
> actions = index
> }
> }
> settings = < plugin.tx_blogexample.settings
> persistence = < plugin.tx_blogexample.persistence
> view = < plugin.tx_blogexample.view
> _LOCAL_LANG = < plugin.tx_blogexample._LOCAL_LANG
> }

> blogexample_bloglist = USER
> blogexample_bloglist {
> userFunc = tx_extbase_core_bootstrap->run
> pluginName = BlogList
> extensionName = BlogExample
> }
>

> What do you think?

Not sure if I got you right. You like to drop the default
action/controller as well as the switchable ones and fetch those from
the PHP configuration directly? They at least can't be moved to
plugin.tx_blogexample, as those are always plugin specific and not valid
for any plugin of the extension.

And as discussed with Marc Bastian, we could and should (although my
first thoughts where different) drop stuff like settings =<
plugin.tx_blogexample.settings from the default plugin instance
configuration and fetch those directly from the "global" extension
configuration "plugin.tx_blogexample" like it's also done currently.
Just to keep it simpler for the users - so I'm absolutely with you in
this point. But it still has to be possible to override the "global"
plugin settings per plugin definition (imagine TS-only instances).