[TYPO3-mvc] RFC #10666: Allow plugins to be registered as new content element

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Sun Nov 14 18:03:48 CET 2010

Franz Koch wrote:

Hey Franz

> I know why I never liked the autodetection ;)

I do like it because it's the only way to free the template developers
from page ids (which won't be available in Phoenix). But I agree, the
way it's implemented is maybe not the best. Do you have a better idea?

> [...] the OR condition would be the only solution, wouldn't it?

I don't think, thats a big issue. The query is only executed if you set
view.defaultPid to "auto" in the configuration of the respective plugin
anyways.

Best
Bastian