[TYPO3-mvc] RFC #10666: Allow plugins to be registered as new content element

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Fri Nov 12 20:44:00 CET 2010

Hey,

> Thanks, but it's not finished, yet. We have to discuss how to handle
> the access to tt_content.list.20. from other functions in the
> Utility_Extension class.

easiest might be to do it the way TYPO3 is doing it by default, so by
registering the plugin settings in plugin.tx_extkey_PLUGINSUFFIX and
only create a reference to your plugin in tt_content.list.20. Then
always only refer to plugin.tx_extkey_PLUGINSUFFIX.

// shared plugin settings
plugin.tx_extkey {
	settings {}
	persistence {}
	view {}
}

// plugin configurations
plugin.tx_extkey_pi1 = USER
plugin.tx_extkey_pi1 {
	userFunc ...

  	controller =
	action =
	switchableControllerAndActions {}

	# import shared/common settings
	persistence =< plugin.tx_extkey.persistence
	settings =< plugin.tx_extkey.settings

	# the devs/users still can override settings or add plugin
	# specific ones
	settings.view.whatever
}

// registering as listType plugin
tt_content.list.20.extkey_pi1 =< plugin.tx_extkey_pi1

As far as I can see, this approach has no drawbacks and is backwards
compatible.