[TYPO3-mvc] RFC: #8083 define default __toString method in Tx_Extbase_DomainObject_AbstractDomainObject

Marc Bastian Heinrichs typo3 at mbh-web.de
Wed Nov 10 12:02:27 CET 2010

Hi Masi,

>> For debugging you are right.
>>
>> For linking to an related object you use {enterprise : job.enterprise}.
>> This would fail when the related object is defined as lazy
>> (see <http://forge.typo3.org/issues/10702>)
>>
>> Returning the uid fixes this.
>
> I assume you mean linking in a FLUID context, right?

jep

> But I have a problem if the reason seems to be to provide a workaround. If some code needs the uid
> of object it should ask for it. Why? Because I can use a custom implementation of __toString() which
> may return something else.

You're right, but this means <http://forge.typo3.org/issues/7558> has
to be fixed another way, because #8083 is only an follow up to #7558.

> I suggest to fix the problem with the lazy loader first before applying a patch that only hides the
> problem.

Then we have to discuss with Jochen to fix #7558 another way, perhaps
in the UriBuilder.
Because returning the uid of the realinstance in lazy proxy
__toString() method isn't also the right way, I mean.

Regards,
Marc Bastian