[TYPO3-mvc] RFC #10666: Allow plugins to be registered as new content element

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Mon Nov 8 09:14:01 CET 2010

Hey Marc Bastian,

> Any arguments to have also the full support of types from
> t3lib_extMgm::addPItoST43()?
>  * "menu_type"	- a "Menu/Sitemap" entry
>  * "splash_layout" - a "Textbox" entry
>  * "header_layout" - an additional header type (added to the selection
> of layout1-5)
>  * "includeLib" - just includes the library for manual use somewhere in
> TypoScript.
I'd say right now *no*, and we rather implement that when people need it.

However, I have one improvement to make until I give my +1:

Please use constants instead of the string variables which "do
something" -- so ike using "CType" or "list_type", use constants like:
Tx_Extbase_Utility_Extension::TYPE_PLUGIN
Tx_Extbase_Utility_Extension::TYPE_CONTENT_ELEMENT

Thanks for your work!
Greets,
Sebastian