[TYPO3-mvc] groupBy

Christian Zenker christian.zenker at 599media.de
Thu Nov 4 14:00:09 CET 2010

Hi.
> My idea was that there is no getRawResult but two distinct query objects,
> eg query() and dataQuery(). The former would return objects (no grouping
> features, etc), the latter
> will return data array (grouping and column functions).

I don't think this was a good idea. I've built a pager object recently
encapsulating everything you need to paginate a set of results.
You basically give it a query and the page you are on and it returns the
correct set of data and even helps building a pagination in HTML. I would
be rather hard (or at least tricky) to keep it as simple as it is now when
using two different classes for queries. The query given to the object is
used for a count() as well as for the execute(), so its polymorphic.

Christian.