[TYPO3-mvc] groupBy

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Thu Nov 4 11:02:24 CET 2010

Hey,

>> what do you think about adding "group by" to the query-object? Would especially make sense to use
>> with count().
>
> I think we had this request already on the list. The answer IIRC was "yes".
>
> What I don't remember is if there is a clear distinction between queries that return models and
> queries that return plain data.

well, there has to be, doesn't it? I currently don't see a use case
where it would make sense to use/allow a groupBy if you like to get
"clean" and persistable domain models. Of course you still might want
the grouped results to be mapped on objects, but those have to be out of
the scope of the persistence layer. For that I'm not sure if extbase
should automatically try to map the results to objects, or if it should
force "getRawResult" in this case and leave it the developers hands to
do the object mapping (using API functions) if needed.