[TYPO3-mvc] FYI: Unstable trunk

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Tue Nov 2 14:27:19 CET 2010

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:

Hi Ernesto,

I just finished a 4.5 hour session with Sebastian - we looked more
deeply into the container extension and the current DI implementation.
We came across some major issues and "hotfixed" the most of them in the
custom branch and in Extbase trunk to get it up and running.

>> Regarding the container extension, we could "copy" that code into
>> Extbase (it's not that much after all). But having it as custom
>> extension in the core allows people to use DI without the need to
>> install Extbase (even the core could make use of it!).
>
> Why not integrate that feature into the core then?

Yes, that's my favorite solution too. But we have to finetune the code
first. But it's a great feature and I hope that we can get it into 4.5!

BTW: The current plan is, to make DI configurable via:
config.tx_extbase.objects.Tx_Foo_SomeInterface.className = Tx_Foo_Bar

If it was a core feature that configuration should obviously be moved
somewhere else.. Suggestions?

..did you realize: that's the first step towards a very flexible XCLASS
replacement..

Best,
Bastian