[TYPO3-mvc] ANN: Fluid Regression in TYPO3 4.3.4

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Wed Jul 28 17:00:00 CEST 2010

Hey all,

unfortunately, there was a Fluid regression in TYPO3 4.3.4 which
prevented Extbase and Fluid extensions from working.

We just fixed the issue, so you can do the following to get up and
running again. Either you can patch Fluid, changing a single statement,
or use the SVN version. Alternatively, you can wait a few days until
4.3.5 will be released.

== PATCH FLUID ==

1) go to typo3/sysext/fluid/Classes/View/TemplateView.php
2) Line 167 looks like this:
$variableContainer =
$this->objectFactory->create('Tx_Fluid_Core_ViewHelper_TemplateVariableContainer',
$this->viewData);

Change this line to
$variableContainer =
$this->objectFactory->create('Tx_Fluid_Core_ViewHelper_TemplateVariableContainer',
$this->variables);

effectively changing $this->viewData into $this->variables near the end
of the line.

== USE THE SVN VERSION ==

Inside the SVN branch Fluid 1_1 the issue is fixed.
So, if you go to "typo3conf/ext" and do a
"svn co
https://svn.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/CoreProjects/MVC/fluid/branches/fluid_1-1/
fluid" you will get the new fix.

== WAIT A FEW DAYS ==

In the next days, we will release TYPO3 4.3.5 where this issue is fixed.

Sorry for any inconveniences!

Greets,
Sebastian