[TYPO3-mvc] Fluid: Access to the original object passed as content of a viewHelper?

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Fri Jan 29 13:05:09 CET 2010

Hi,

> One challenge will be to get the right label. In the BE the case is clear, because the TCA dictates
> the label.
>
> But what to do in the FE? There is no standard way to get a label for a "select" value in the FE.

I'd say so - but also overriding the labels via _LOCAL_LANG in TS must
of course be possible. So make use of
Tx_Extbase_Utility_Localization::translate($key, $extensionName) for
fetching the regular FE labels.

And the valueObject has to be persitable as well as useable in forms
etc. - but I think that's no problem at all.