[TYPO3-mvc] Fluid: Access to the original object passed as content of a viewHelper?

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Thu Jan 28 21:07:22 CET 2010

Hi,

I wonder if there is a way to get native access the object passed to a
viewHelper as "children". Example:

<f:tcaLabel>{object.property}</f:tcaLabel>

As you see I'd like to build a viewHelper that allows me to render a
label from a tca select field. There might be better ways to do (maybe
assigning valueObjects to the model), but I need a quick result for now.
Given the example above, I was wondering if I could get access to the
passed object inside the viewHelper so that I could determine the class
and property.
I tried to debug my viewHelper to see which parameters contain which
objects holding what information - but the debug call results in a white
page. Also debugging one parameter after another didn't show any
valuable output ($this->viewHelperNode is always empty?). And as I
unfortunately only have limited access to my dev server I'd like to ask
Sebastian or who ever can help me out with this.

Of course I could use tag parameters and define everything by hand, but
that's not that nice.

Thanks for help.