[TYPO3-mvc] FYI: added patch for support of TCA fields of type group (enables DAM support)

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Wed Jan 27 16:52:01 CET 2010

Franz Koch schrieb:
> Hi Masi,
>
>> My group support was only an afterthought when I did some changes for
>> IRRE. I guess your is more
>> complete.
>
> could you for clarification explain why you removed the check for the
> 'foreign_label' field?

Because it was used incorrectly. IRRE uses it (AFAIK) only for displaying this field as label in the
BE form. So you can override the standard label of the related table.

The real structure of the relation is not set by this field. Unfortunately ExtBase used it as it
were. It tried to derive a class name from it!

I don't see how or where ExtBase tries to read and use any label information from the TCA.

Masi