[TYPO3-mvc] FYI: added patch for support of TCA fields of type group (enables DAM support)

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Wed Jan 27 16:01:00 CET 2010

Hi,

>> I just added a patch on forge [1] with a basic support for TCA fields of
>> type "group" in extbase. The support for the type "group" is for now
>> limited to group fields using DB relations to ONE foreign table. I'm not
>> sure if comma separated lists of uids will be supported by this (haven't
>> tested it), but group fields with MM relations will now work.
>> So now you should get DAM records persisted in your objects. \o/
>
> The issue is related to #6232 and #6233 (IRRE setups). Beware that that my patches change some of
> the stuff changed in Franz's patch.

I didn't notice #6232 so far - and yes, #6232 and my patch unfortunately
conflict (#6233 not). At a first glance your patch only seems to support
MM relations for group fields, whereas mine should also allow 1:1 group
relations which are also possible use cases.

So what to do now? Which way to go with the group field support?