[TYPO3-mvc] Tx_Extbase_Utility_Extension::registerModule() register Controllers located in another EXT

dennis ahrens dennis.ahrens at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 26 13:44:31 CET 2010

Hi List,

I'm writing a backend module and have the following problem.
I've my Domain Models distributed over 3 Extensions.
One of the EXTs provides some Models + the BE-Module. The models based
in this EXT have references to the other two EXTs. My Module loads its
data with AJAX calls.

The Code from registerModule looks like this:

Tx_Extbase_Utility_Extension::registerModule(
		$_EXTKEY,
		'txfhhlibmain',		// Make Blank module a submodule of 'user'
		'txfhhforschungsprojekte_forschende',	// Submodule key
		'',			// Position
		array(
			'Module' => 'forschende',
			'Forschungsprojekt' => 'list',
			'Fakultaet' => 'list',
		),
		array(
			'access' => 'user,group',
			'icon'   => 'EXT:fhh_forschungsprojekte/Resources/Public/Icons/moduleicon.gif',
			'labels' => 'LLL:EXT:fhh_forschungsprojekte/Resources/Private/Language/locallang_mod_forschende.xml',
		)
);

The ModuleController handels the output of the extjs based BE-Module.
The ForschungsprojektController is placed inside this EXT and provides
actions that return JSON formatted answers.
The FakultaetController does the same like the
ForschungsprojektController, but it is located in another EXT.

Any Ideas for this problem? Do you think it should be nice to provide
the registration of Controllers from other EXTs in the registerModule
method - or do you think, that the other EXT has to provide its
Controller registered for Ajax communication itself? Any ideas how the
other EXT should provide it?

regards
Dennis