[TYPO3-mvc] repository/findAll() and TCA/default_sortby

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Fri Jan 22 10:54:25 CET 2010

Hi folks,

>> Shouldn't return findAll() the objects in the order defined by
>> "default_sortby" in the TCA?
>
> Yep, it should but it doesn't. Could you please file a feature request
> (or a bug report if you want to be an unfriendly ghost ;-) ).

by working on this - wouldn't it be great to either define a class var
or even a dedicated method in the abstractRepository that's returning a
desired orderBy for all default queries? This var/method could then be
easily adapted for each repository if you need special sorting options etc.
Also the possibility to override the sorting and add a limit to the
magic findByParameter actions per call might be nice to have. I did this
in my recent project, so I could provide a patch for this (once I
cleaned it up) if you're interested.