[TYPO3-mvc] RealURL with extBase

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Thu Jan 21 13:41:15 CET 2010

Hi,

> But is writing a custom realurl hook no overkill?

not necessarily. I also did this for a different project once where I
needed special URL handling capabilities and it's actually no big deal
at all.

> Why are parameters in the url even necessary if they only contain the default
> value?

well yes, exbase knows about the default controller/action pair of each
plugin instance, but as soon as you create a link to some other
functionality, extbase doesn't know which method is the default one to
use or for the given parameter combination - so you need to tell by
adding the according controller/action parameters.
And as this all depends on your own code, only you know about the inner
workings of your extension and can manipulate the URLs in the way you
like too.

Of course extbase could itself hook into realUrl and provide some
routing configuration options that will ease things up for you - but
AFAIK this is not yet available, so you need to do that by your own (or
provide a patch). And even if extbase is providing some config options
for routing, the URLs will never look as good as doing it by hand for
your very special usecase.