[TYPO3-mvc] Using ViewHelpers inside ViewHelpers?

David Schreiber flashmasterdash at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 10:16:44 CET 2010

Hi again,

I made my category menu as an independend Extbase plugin (and placed
it into my page via TS + TV). My product list is another Extbase
plugin. So creating a link like this

><f:link.action action="index" controller="Product"
>arguments="{category:category, product:product}">Foobar</f:link.action>

would only pass the category and product piVars to one of both
plugins, it would generate an URL like this:

index.php?id=home&tx_myext_products[action]=index&tx_myext_products[controller]=Product&tx_myext_products[category]=4&tx_myext_products[product]=21

or in case of the other plugin, same with tx_myext_menu. But with this
only one of my plugins will react on the piVars, either the menu or
the product list.

But I would need the link to create piVars for both plugins, like
this:

index.php?id=home&tx_myext_menu[action]=render&tx_myext_menu[category]=4&tx_myext_products[action]=list&tx_myext_products[category]=4

Is this possible with the link.action ViewHelper? Or would a different
solution be better?

Thank you,
David Schreiber