[TYPO3-mvc] Clearing cached views on demand

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Sun Jan 17 18:23:20 CET 2010

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer schrieb:
> I just thought of it, because calling the cart
> takes quite longer, compared to a fully cached page.
> That's why I thought it could be optimized by caching,
> and clearing the cache on special occacions.

> And for the cache clearing I meant to clear only the
> plugin part, not the whole cache - but I think that's
> not possible tho?

There is no separate plugin cache. It's pages that are cached (and configurations). But for pages a
combination of query arguments (cHash), page type, language and all user groups of the current user
determines a cache entry. I have never tried to do so, but maybe you can delete the rows in the page
cache for a given cHash. That is in the case you're not using the new caching framework.

Maybe you should figure out why a simple (?) list of cart items takes so long to render.

Masi