[TYPO3-mvc] Tab widget

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Fri Jan 15 16:54:59 CET 2010

Franz Koch schrieb:
> On 15.01.2010 15:23, Martin Kutschker wrote:
>
> I'd say the div-nesting around the tab contents is something that the JS
> should take care of and doesn't necessarily have to be part of the
> default HTML output - although they don't hurt.

I think the concrete implementaions should be free to create alternative HTML output. If they can
modify/enhance the structure with JS, fine. If not the can provide somethinge else.

>> Why don't you simply put the f:widget.tabs tag outside the loop? Then
>> you can do the loop within the
>> f:widget.tabs tag. Looks like the f:widget.tabs should render its
>> content inernally before looking
>> for any f:widget.tab children.
>
> I don't think that's working, because the f:widget.tabs viewHelper might
> only expect f:widget.tab children and not any other child type - so
> nesting inside a for-viewHelper will not work I think. I already thought
> about that before I wrote my suggestion.

Technically I think the view helper can expect any children. But maybe the result returned by the
"for" tag isn't usable any more for the "widget.tabs" tag.

Hm. Not really satisfying to repeat the loop iteration feature for all widgets with repeatable children.

WhatWG (which turned into HTML5) had a "repeating" feature. It has been dropped from the spec, but
maybe it has merits within FLUID even when it didn't work out well in HTML.

Masi