[TYPO3-mvc] Clearing cached views on demand

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer thasmo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 00:12:02 CET 2010

Hoi!

In my shop extension there is an own plugin 'cart'
which shows cart items. Actually the list of the cart items
is a form, which enables the user to change and update
the quantity of each cart item.

The thing is, if the user only shows the shopping cart
it would make sense to cache the plugin output, but when
submitting the form and updating the cart items, the actual
view is NOT updated, because the old VIEW is shown from the cache.

It would be nice somehow to clear the cache for the view
after the form was submitted. So the view will be generated new
and it will be shown correctly again.

The other question I came up with is, how the caching works,
as the cHash of the shopping cart link has the same cHash for
every user, still different cart items would be shown for every user.

So, is it somehow possible to cache the view of the cart,
and clearing the cache if the cart items change or
some cart items are added?

Thanks a lot,
Thomas