[TYPO3-mvc] FLUID widget set

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Thu Jan 14 22:12:10 CET 2010

Hi Masi,

> See below for a list of base JS frameworks and their official widget/UI modules. I haven't used all
> of them and had only a short glance at the docs. So please correct me if you think a toolkit has a
> certain feature listed or know of a cool feature that's not listed yet.
>
> I would base the FLUID widget set based on the more common widgets. This means that the editor will
> probably not be part of the widget set. Perhaps it can get it's own package as this is a specialized
> libs like TinyMCE or v4's own htmlTextArea are around.

where should stuff like "pagers" (pagebrowsers) and others go. I think
this should also be part of the official widget modules - although they
don't need JS. Or are widgets restricted to JS based ones? If so, I'd
say it should be the other way around. Widgets provide helpers dealing
with special HTML-Markup and extended logic. Those widgets then can be
extended/enriched with JS support if needed/appropriate.

> Widgets
>
> * Accordion (jQuery UI, ExtJS, Mootools More, Dijit)
> * Datepicker (jQuery UI, ExtJS)
> * Editor (ExtJS, Dijit)
> * Dialog/MessageBox (jQuery UI, ExtJS, Dijit)
> * Progressbar (jQuery UI, ExtJS, Dijit)
> * Slider (jQuery UI, ExtJS, Mootools More, YUI, Dijit)
> * Tabs (jQuery UI, ExtJS, Dijit)
> * Tooltips (ExtJS, Mootools More)

Although not provided by "official" framework UIs, but also available
for every framework and quite common/useful:

* lightbox (or however you call it, although it's no standalone widget)
* Diashow
* image magnifier
* Overlays (fading the background and displaying some content on top
like in lightboxes, but more general)
* flash embedding / video embedding (something unobtrusive like in
flowplayer e.g.)