[TYPO3-mvc] errors (exceptions) are not always helpful to debug their cause - extend them with more details?

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Wed Jan 13 21:42:16 CET 2010

Hi,

> Thomas, do you have $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['devIPmask'] set to the IP
> address you are visiting your dev site from?
>
> I see a pretty extensive stack trace whenever an exception is thrown,
> it's been very helpful.

I actually never got this feature working on a local windows machine
(same machine I'm working on, using 127.0.0.1 and 192.168.* as IP mask).
Call's to "debug('some error')" never get printed although error
reporting is on etc. Only t3lib_div::debug() calls get printed. But with
xDebug I now also see debug traces which already is helping a lot.