[TYPO3-mvc] Possible bug in registering extBase BE modules - either in extbase or typo3

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Wed Jan 13 19:55:00 CET 2010

Hi,

recently turned xdebug on in my dev environment and since a few
days/weeks testing with extbase I get quite a lot of error messages when
I'm in the backend. I tracked it down to t3lib_loadModules that's trying
to call a t3lib_div::trimExplode on a extbase module configuration which
actually should be of type 'string' but already is a array. Thus I get
various error messages coming up.

The related call is on line 541 of t3lib_loadModules. As neither TYPO3
changed this file recently nor did extbase, the error either must have
existed from the beginning being unnoticed or some other changes on
TYPO3 caused that the extBase backend module configuration seems now to
be incorrect.

After I uninstalled the blog_example as well as the extbase_kickstarter
only one error message remained. I tracked it down to the following
configuration in ext_tables.php of extbase:

$TBE_MODULES['_dispatcher'][] = 'Tx_Extbase_Dispatcher';

after changing this line to:

$TBE_MODULES['_dispatcher'] = 'Tx_Extbase_Dispatcher';

The error was gone. So I started installing the blog_example again, but
after that I again got some errors caused by modules that got registered
by extbase.

As TYPO3 itself and it's modules are just working fine I assume it's a
error in the way extBase is registering BE modules and their
configuration. But as I'm no expert in the inner workings of BE modules
etc., can anybody confirm this as a bug of either TYPO3 or extBase?

btw. I just had a look at the bugtracker for extbase on forge - man,
this mixed bugtracker is quite crowded. And applying a subject filter
for "extbase" or just "base" to only see extbase related issues is only
returning 4 hits which can't be true. So something's wrong there, too.