[TYPO3-mvc] Performance of $persistenceManager->persistAll() (Dispatcher) and findAll() (Repository)

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Wed Jan 13 13:53:04 CET 2010

Hi Jochen,

>> For the persistence manager, I am wondering if there would be a way to
>> enable/disable it, especially for views which are not modifying data.
>
> If you don't modify the data of an object Extbase will not hit the
> database with UPDATE or INSERT. Maybe you encountered a bug.

I noticed in some tests, that the relations of the MM tables get flushed
and recreated everytime I display a nested object (say a blog and it's
related categories) although nothing changed in any of those. But maybe
that's related to my modifications/attempt to make MM tables respect
'MM_insert_fields' etc (which now work btw., I'll add the patch to forge).