[TYPO3-mvc] Validate DateTime and customizing of flashMessages

Andreas Rieser A.Rieser at T3site.com
Tue Jan 12 22:28:21 CET 2010

Am 12.01.2010 um 21:54 schrieb Boris Meier:

> No, that's absolutely what I want: I want to check the date, so I
> have to check it with a wrong input. Everything is all right when I
> take a correct date. But I want to show the user a proper error-
> message and not the complicated exception?
>
> I hope my question is now clearer...

Ah, ok - sorry for that. A no-brainer on my side ;-)

I guess the generic error is a exception that can be catched somehow
and thus modified.
Didn't dive into this yet and http://flow3.typo3.org/documentation/
tutorials/getting-started/gettingstarted.validation/ doesn't provide
any information on this.

Another way would be to implement your own validator, but I guess
that's not mandatory! Have a look at the blog example: Classes/Domain/
Validator/BlogValidator.php
There is some extended validation stuff in "yag": http://
forge.typo3.org/repositories/browse/extension-yag/trunk/Classes/
Domain/Validator

- andreas