[TYPO3-mvc] ExtBase BE modules are broken ;)

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Mon Jan 11 22:34:36 CET 2010

Hi!

Not really, but it doesn't shine either. Sorry, but using TS templates for BE configuration is NOT
the way to go. The only valid place for BE configuration is user and page TS. If your module is a
submodule for "web" then page TS is the prime choice. If it isn't then you have to rely solely on
user TS.

Also looking at the rest of the module stuff doesn't make me happy. All the BE stuff seems to be an
afterthought just put together to make it work. Mostly by pulling in FE code from tslib to the BE.
Yikes! Not as clean as we want the future to be ;)

I hope for a refactored Dispatcher in ExtBase 1.1 that treats the BE as such and makes CLI and user
functions possible. BTW, did anyone ever try to use ExtBase as an eID handler (FE) or an AJAX
handler (BE)?

Masi