[TYPO3-mvc] problem with constructor method not called?

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Jan 8 15:11:03 CET 2010

Hi,

I don't remember all the details here but basically when you make a new object with "new ...", this is standard PHP and __construct is being called. However, when recreating the object from the
repository, the __construct() method should not be called as (and this is where I don't remember all details), this could give side effect when __construct does something special. This is why v5 team
worked quite hard to find a way to reinstantiate a class without having the __construct method called.

The trick was to create a string containing a pseudo-serialized class and use unserialize on it ;-)

As said, I don't remember all the details but this is certainly explained more in FLOW3.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en