[TYPO3-mvc] Access control (very simple) example

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Thu Jan 7 22:58:31 CET 2010

Hi,

> I have a part of a fluid template that I only want to show to people who
> are logged in and in a special group.
>
> Is there a way to do that within the condition of an<f:if>  tag?  I
> tried various versions but couldn't get it to work.

sure - you have multiple options to do this:
a) provide a basic ACLviewHelper that fills your needs
b) do the ACL checks in your controller and assign a special variable to
the view you can check for lateron. eg:

class Tx_YourExtension_Controller_YourController extends ... {
   /*...
   */
   public function index() {
     $this->view->assign('yourObject',
$this->yourObjectRepository->findAll());
     $this->view->assign('hasAccess', $this->hasAccess());
   }

   /* some comment
   */
   private function hasAccess() {
     # here your check in php
     # return what you need - either a object with further functions to
use in your template or a array or simply true/false;
     return $access;

In your template:
<f:if condition="hasAccess">
   #some secure content