[TYPO3-mvc] f:form.dateselect ? (fluid)

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Thu Jan 7 01:21:41 CET 2010

Thomas Kieslich wrote:

Hi Thomas,

> Is there a ViewHelper to have a form field to select a Date?

As Sebastian wrote, there is no "date picker" view helper delivered with
fluid.
I guess every view helper that needs to include JavaScript (or even a
complete JS library) would be a so called "widget".
For those we'll still have to come up with a good concept.

They'll have to be able to conveniently import custom scripts to the
header / footer and some of them will need a server side component to
communicate with.. Hopefully we can implement this with 4.4.

In the meantime I would just write your own view helper - if you're
happy with it, feel free to share it ;)
Or - as Masi mentioned - use a standard text box and an "unobtrusive" JS
calendar that activates itself if you give the text box a certain CSS
class e.g.

Best,
Bastian