[TYPO3-mvc] keeping a url parameters

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Tue Jan 5 18:34:38 CET 2010

Hi list,

I was wondering how to keep a URL parameter in the following
scenario/relation:

Catalog -> Category -> Page -> Article

So the first thing for a user to select is the catalog. The ID of the
catalog should be shared for all upcoming links to categories or
articles, so that URLs could look like:

Catalog1/
Catalog2/Category2/
Catalog1/Category1/Article1
Catalog1/Category3/Article5

Pages themselfs only serve as intermediate table and are not linked
directly.

As much as I understood FLUID and the link generation so far, I have to
pass all related arguments to the viewHelper/tag by hand over and over
again. But in general I would only need "controller", "method to call"
and the object of either the category or the article to be displayed.

<f:link.action action="show" controller="Article" arguments="{article :
article}">

That would be enough for my controller to display the article correctly,
but from the articleId itself I can't recreate the category nor the
catalog, because the article could be part of multiple catalogs - so I
can't display a category menu correctly without the other parameters.
Does this mean now, that I have to take care of passing all relevant
arguments by hand in every template for every link/usecase, or is there
a way to keep arguments if not specified differently?

I also need to share arguments across plugin instances (one instance for
rendering the menu, a second one for the content, a third one to
permanently display catalog relevant information).

So how am I supposed to do this? Any tipps?