[TYPO3-mvc] Flexform switchableControllerActions per model

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Tue Jan 5 12:17:50 CET 2010

Hi!

In the plugin flexform I can override the allowed controller/action pairs. It is possible to use a
multi-select and I can enable single and multiple pairs (semicolon delimited) to choose from.

eg

<items type="array">
	<numIndex index="0" type="array">
		<numIndex index="0">menu</numIndex>
		<numIndex index="1">BallroomDancing->index</numIndex>
	</numIndex>
	<numIndex index="1" type="array">
		<numIndex index="0">dances</numIndex>
		<numIndex index="1">Dance->index;Dance->show</numIndex>
	</numIndex>
	<numIndex index="2" type="array">
		<numIndex index="0">list recordings</numIndex>
		<numIndex index="1">Recording->index;Recording->show</numIndex>
	</numIndex>
	<numIndex index="3" type="array">
		<numIndex index="0">show single recording</numIndex>
		<numIndex index="1">Recording->show</numIndex>
	</numIndex>
</items>

The entry for the dances is interesting as it enables more then one controller/action pair. The
problem is that whenever I add a new action to the controller all my plugins in tt_content will be
invalidated because the key has changed (eg to "Dance->index;Dance->show;Dance->new").

As a shorthand I tried to use simply "Dance" with the expectation that all actions defined in
ext_localconf.php are allowed. But that didn't work.

Do you think that this would be useful?

Masi

PS: I still think that there should be an easy way to set the default controller/action pair with TS
and flexform.