[TYPO3-mvc] Foreign Table as a Domain Model

Nils Blattner nb at cabag.ch
Tue Jan 5 10:53:02 CET 2010

Hi again

I'm trying to get a very small Plugin to work to test out some stuff.
So far i've been changing the ExampleBlog around and now i've hit a
brick wall.
There's basically two problems:

1) I have an already existing db structure which I will not be able to
change! I want to map the Domain Model on top of an existing table and
let extbase handle the db (as it's supposed to be). I found very little
information on the web (foreign_class in tca which is kinda useless in
this case) and the stuff I looked at in the extbase source didn't quite
suit my needs, so help would be very appreciated!

2) t3lib_div::makeInstance() doesn't find my repository class. (C/P from
BlogExample, renamed the repository etc) I've checked all the conf files
i could think of and finally fixed it by using require_once() which
can't be the proper solution.

PS: Thanks for the very informative "Extbase extension programming" doc.

Thanks in advance

Nils