[TYPO3-mvc] Create an object in multi step form

Mam Violeng mam.violeng at yejj.com
Tue Feb 23 08:19:43 CET 2010

Mam Violeng wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a model of object with many fields and want to write the actions
> to create this object in multi step form (about 5 step). example:
>
> step 1 have 1 field "field1"
> Step 2 have 1 field "field2"
> ..
> Step 5 have 1 field "field5"
>
> I have separate 5 difference action like "step1Action" to "step5Action"
>
> here is my sample code in each action in the controller
>
> function step1Action (Tx_ExtKey_Domain_Model_Project $project){
>         $this->view->assign('project',$project);
> }
> function step2Action (Tx_ExtKey_Domain_Model_Project $project){
>         $this->view->assign('project',$project);
> }
> ..
>
> here is my fluid form (step1.html)
> <f:form method="post" controller="Project" action="step2" name="project"
> object="{project}">
>     <f:form.textbox property="field1" />
>     <f:form.submit class="submit" value="Submit"/>
> </f:form>
> ..
> and other step almost the same template only different action.
>
> Here is my problem now:
> When I submit from step1 to step2 than it work properly but when I
> submit from step2 to step3 then appear this error message.
> *****
> The value must be of type "Tx_ExtKey_Domain_Model_Project", but was of
> type "array"
> *****
>
> I don't know if I go on the right way.
> Could any one please give me some hint how to implement this?
>
> Thanks,
> Violeng Mam
Hi,

I found the problem, it caused by spelling mistake with some properties.
Event now it works, but it still in dirty way because I have to store
all the previous values in the <f:form.hidden.. and I don't know how to
validate the properties in each action too.

Does any one use to implement some things like this or have any idea?

Best regards,
Violeng Mam