[TYPO3-mvc] How to build create/new forms correctly - blogexample has issues - throwing exceptions with checkboxes/radio buttons

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Mon Feb 22 16:21:12 CET 2010

Hi again,

> But if I do that, I again get exeptions from FLUID. So how to do it
> correctly? Is it simply a bug in the FLUID viewHelpers not checking for
> the existence of objects or is there something else wrong? Or do I miss
> some configuration options?

ok, now I found the real cause. It's a FLUID viewHelper bug. The
checkbox and radio viewHelpers directly call $this->getPropertyValue()
without checking if there really is a object to fetch the property from.
Question is now, should the viewHelpers check for the existence of the
object or should the check be inside the getPropertyValue method?