[TYPO3-mvc] Please remove the Resources/Private/Backend folder

Sebastian Fischer typo3 at fischer.im
Mon Feb 22 07:57:30 CET 2010

On 18.02.2010 11:22, Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Sebastian Fischer schrieb:
>> On 18.02.2010 08:46, Sebastian Kurfürst wrote:
>>> Hi Sebastian,
>>>
>>> actually, these templates *are* used in the blog example, as soon as you
>>> include the blog_example static template inside the root TS of your
>>> website. So, please, leave the Resources/Private/Backend there ;-)
>>>
>>> Greets,
>>> Sebastian
>>
>> Hi Sebastian,
>>
>> my mod1 is part of tools, do i have pagets there?
>
> Does your module work correctly then? If your module is within Web ExtBase will get its
> configuration from the *FE* typoscript (key "module", not "plugin"!) it will find via the page your
> on (in the BE). If there is no page, it will have no configuration. It will not use pageTS or userTS
> (only the latter makes sense if you have no page to work on!).
>
> Maybe you can trick ExtBase into usign a global pid either by your extension configuration or userTS.
>
> Using userTS instead of TS would be easy for one thing: The BE configuration "inherits" stuff from
> the "FE". You would have to duplicate many lines of configuration.
>
> Masi

Hi Masi,

i think userTS is to much of a hassel because the admin has to remember
even after month that a new created user need to get this settings too.

Currently i can live without and use the normal templates- and
parties-folder because there is no frontend needed. For the future i
think it would be a good idea to discuss, wether mods should
backend/templates as default or not.

Greetings
Sebastian